Thursday, January 29, 2009

Make up your mind, PLEASE!

You know what they say about Texas weather?  If you don't like it, wait 15 minutes - it will change.  Ok, so 15 minutes is an exaggeration, but 1 day most definitely is NOT.  Here's a case in point.  Last week, the weather was so beautiful, that my bulbs began to sprout.  In fact, the temperature reached 80 degrees.  That's sunbathing weather.  Yesterday here's what I saw from my bedroom window:


Can you see that little daffodil poking out through the ICE???  

Now, it was actually pretty nice yesterday having the kids home from school.  We enjoyed staying inside ALL DAY,  cuddling up in front of the fire and making homemade soup. The kids played outside a bit and had a great time.  No complaints there.  And it was even pretty cool seeing this view from my kitchen windows:

That's not fancy glass - it's a lovely coat of ICE!

The kids went back to school today and the sun is shining.  It's still cold.  And I can handle that.  I don't prefer it, but I can live with it.  What is driving me nuts is this back and forth, on and off again, 60 degree change in the weather!!  I feel like I'm in Junior High when David Pierce liked me one day and the next he didn't.  But then again a day or two later he liked me! Don't mess with my head!  Just make up your mind.

Oh, and by the way, I prefer 80 degrees.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Amen! On Saturday we were in t-shirts to walk the dog, and yesterday Joshua dug out his really big boots, and the rest of us stayed in!

I prefer 80 too. Of course, I will also complain when it's 105 and humid...

Mary Anne Best said...

We would love a day over 60 or a day near 60 - we would be really happy to have one day of 80! It is either raining, snowing or heavy fog (which sometime freezes) in the Northwest.