Monday, November 24, 2008

While I'm thinking ahead...

So, I've really been working hard to get ahead of the regular Christmas season, pull your hair out, neglect your family, bah humbug SLAM that normally hits our family around December 1oth.  So I'm decorating, wrapping, stamping, writing, mailing, planning and lighting with a vengeance.  All the while, I still have contractors in the house, have unpacking and organizing going on and Jon's still traveling.  I know, call a whaaaaambulance.

But, since I'm in the planning ahead mindset, I've been thinking about what I'd like to accomplish next year, or just "sometime" in the future.  So, I'm starting a LiSt.  I think I'll add it over there ------> on the side of the blog, so it will stay there when the posts begin to roll off the bottom of the page.  Who knows how often I'll add to it, or how long it will get to be.  It's just a list - a sort of dream for my life.  Maybe you could even call them goals.  Whatever they are - they are there.    

What do you want to accomplish next year?  Leave a comment and share with me...... please? Maybe you'll give me a good idea to add to mine.

6 comments:

ashley said...

Good idea...maybe I'll add one. I want to learn to like running and lose about 10 pounds.

shahna said...

1. Add running to my workout regimen. I am an avid believer in working out but due to a bad knee I have avoided running for long distances. I am not talking marathon or anything. Maybe a 5K in 2009 and a 10k in 2010 but I want to step it up because I think my knee might be strong enough now to try.

2. We have been talking about planting a garden too! That is so funny that you mentioned that! I have asked Jensen to research it for a pp goal and find out what has the best chance of making it in this TX clay and heat! We decided each member of our family gets to plant something from her list and my 8 year old wants to be in charge of the "maintenance schedule" - making sure it gets weeded and watered regularly.

My name is Andrea said...

My only immediate goal is to make it through the next few months! :o) I haven't really thought of next year yet. I should get on it!

My goal last year was to plant a garden. It didn't get done so good!

And one of my girlfriends in Utah wants me to run a marathon with her for her 40th b-day one year from next May. I'm having a hard time getting excited about it!

hmmmmmmm.

Karen said...

I think I may have two running buddies already!!

jenny said...

Yeah sorry I'm jumpin on the running train as well. I started running a couple months ago, but I still have yet to do any sort of race. So I'd like to run a 5k or 10k and eventually a half-marathon. YAY!

Karen said...

Jump right on Jenny! Too bad you're so far away, you could run up here with all the old ladies! But then again, you'd prob-ly kick our sagging booties!