Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankul-Fer

It's November - already.  And, since we traditionally give thanks during this month, I thought I'd share with you some things I'm thankful for today.  Actually, I'm thankful for them every day, but I was driving home from dropping Lucy off at school and was listening to talk radio discuss Veteran's Day.  I'm thankful for those men and women who have and do willingly serve our country and provide the freedom that we take for granted.  Anyway, then I got on this mental list of things I'm thankful for (or as we like to say at our house - thankul fer). Hopefully I can remember to post several times over the remainder of the month, but today I'll start with this...

I'm thankful to be living in a small town.  Here are some things that have made me thankful this week: 

1. Molly was a bit late for the bus this morning, but no problem.  The bus driver pulls down our street (voluntarily and every morning) and stops at the base of our driveway.  She was happy to wait for Molly to run out the door!  She drops them off there, too.

2. Lucy's High School teachers send me emails to let me know if she's missing an assignment or needs to make up a test.  This is a good student, and still the teachers take the time to make sure she remains a good student!

3. If the wind blows my front door open, and it's open all day, I'm not scared to go inside.

4. More stars at night.

I know there are hundreds of other reasons to love it, but for now - this is why I'm thankful!



2 comments:

shahna said...

I had no idea you were a fellow blogger, Karen! YAY! I will add you too. I am amazed that my hydroplaning story made the seminary lesson - and in such chort time. Meredith alfaro must have read about it last night. I look forward to reading all baout the adorable Scholl family.

I love that about our school district too - that they communicate so well with parents- read my post "pretty impressive stuff" about Dr. Watkins, the superintendent.

My name is Andrea said...

:o)

I love it here too!

I'll link you, too...