Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jennifer's Wedding

I was fortunate to be able to attend our niece Jennifer Thompson's wedding in September. (Yep, I'm just now blogging about it - sue me.) Ashley and Parker were there, and since my family lives in Oregon and Washington it was a great time to pay a short visit to them as well!

Jennifer was radiant. And Michael looked pretty happy too! Now they are Mr. and Mrs. Rogers.
Just about the whole family was there. Jon planned to attend with me, but at the last minute he had to cancel because of work and weather issues. But I had a great time catching up with Jon's side of the family.

Rob and Vicki
Jim, Terri and Christa
David and Solveig
Tod
Marillyn (Jon's Mom) with Ashley
Stephen
Madison - Scott was there too, but I somehow didn't get him in a photo!
Diane and Gary (with Rob and Vicki again)
Carollyn taking a photo of Howard and Judy (my only shot of them!)
The wedding was wonderful and I had a great time!  Especially holding Parker!
Parker was so dapper!  
It was a great chance for the cousins to spend some time together. (That's Bryan in the middle)
I stayed with my parents for a couple days and had a great time visiting some of the sights with them.  We stopped by the Wilkes and saw Leigh Anne, Jim and Tessa.  We went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and had so much fun.  I wish there was a great market like that in Dallas....

The food was great!

The eggplant was amazing...

Purple peppers!
Grandma and Grandpa Best got to spend some time with Parker and Ashley.  Parker performed well!



Rich and Tracy invited us up to their house in Longview for dinner.  We talked and laughed for hours!  The boys are so grown up and fun to be around!

Drew and Spencer


Rich performed on the trumpet for us....or was it for that bottle of Windex?

Spencer was excited to go for a ride in the Hummer II. So we took a picture for him!

Parker loved Uncle Rich!
It was also really, really, really great to spend time with Parker.  I took lots of photos.  Here's a slideshow of my favorites.

It was a great trip!  I would have loved to stay longer. Hopefully we'll get some visitors in Texas soon.  I think it's time....



2 comments:

ashley said...

I SERIOUSLY have the cutest baby in the world.

Karen said...

haha! You absolutely at least tie with me!