Sunday, October 2, 2011

One Year Later.....

I took a whole year off. I guess I really have no good excuse, but I need to start recording our family story again. Not that we have a particularly exciting story to tell, but because I want to remember. I want to remember the little things that happen in our day to day living along with the bigger events that shape our lives. The kids often ask me about things they did as babies or even several years ago and sadly, I often can't remember. After five kids, things are kind of a blur sometimes and I wish I remembered more. Scrapbooks tell mostly the big stuff - the first days of school, holidays and other special events, but I think, if I can get better, blogging will help to capture those moments that you may not be able to photograph, but are worth remembering.

So, here I go. I'll try to not be an annoying blogger. I'll try to paint a true picture of my family, so when we look back to answer those questions like, "who was that girl that lived in the next building who always wanted to ride my Big Wheel?" we just might be able to check out the blog and answer that question.


No comments: