Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Dad

I know Father's Day was a few days ago.  Get over it.  


My Dad is and always has been the greatest Dad.  All the memories I have of him make me smile. From the black shoes and socks with shorts worn while mowing the lawn to the Tai Chi routine on my raised spa deck to the car ride from Boise to Vancouver - just Dad and me.  He's had nothing but love and support for me, even when it was undeserved.  He's talented beyond measure (he can make a herd of cows sing like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir), serves his fellowman and the Lord with all his strength, has the patience of Job, and has shown me how to love by his example.  He has endured great trials with never a complaint and always stands firm and steadfast in his beliefs.  What a wonderful man is he.

Thanks, Dad for all you've done for me, and for my family through the years. I couldn't have asked for a better man to be my Dad.  I love you!


2 comments:

Claudia said...

What a great tribute! You must take after him - all those wonderful qualities you listed are yours, too. - Well, I don't know about the cows, but if the opportunity ever comes up to test that one out...

Mary Anne Best said...

thank you for this wonderful tribute to you father. you definitely take after your dad! Mom