Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oh My Goodness!!

The best news deserves it's very own post - not that all the other kid's news isn't good, it's just this is REALLY good. Ashley is gonna have a BABY!! She's twelve weeks pregnant, which makes her due date April 29, 2008. She and Sam are very excited - as are the rest of us. OK, well, Jon isn't thrilled about the idea of being a Grandpa, but he's really happy for Ashley ad Sam! They've even heard a little heartbeat. And Ashley has been feeling great.

Speaking of Grandpa, I'm a little concerned about what this, certainly adorable little thing might be calling the mother of his/her mother. Now, I only ever called my Grandparents, Grandma and Grandpa. Jon's Grandmother was 'Mimi" and his grandfather was "Pappy." None of those are really working for me. So, I could use some help in the "what to call me" department. Please comment and give me your ideas. My dear, sweet brother, Rich, has already had a little fun with it. I'll let him comment further, if he desires. I'm serious, I have some time before the baby is speaking and can actually utter a name, but I have this feeling that Sam will be immediately referring to me as "Granny," or "Nana" or something even more scary! So please help.

But seriously, we are so thrilled for Ashley and Sam. Ashley will be the BEST mother ever, and this child will be ultra talented because he/she will play sports AND sing! Way to go Ash and Sam - we can't wait to meet the new little Schmidt!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This message is for all Scholl blog readers that would like to enjoy this moment as much as I am already enjoying it. So, I am starting a contest for the best alternative name to Grandma.

My first submission....Grannymama!

I think it fits Karen quite well! :-)

Congrats to Ashley & Sam! Hard to believe my little girl in candy cane pj's at Christmas is having her own little baby!

Love Ya!

ashley said...

I love it Richard.

How about Gram-cracker?

Drew Scholl said...

Good to know that Ashley is pregnant. Thanks for the info. That kinda reminds me of the movie the RM where jared gets home to find his mother pregnant. His father then gives the excuse "hey, I didn't know till the home teachers called." So here's my line "Hey, I didn't know until I read your blog." Pathetic.

As for the name..... I'll get back to you on that.

Anonymous said...

Submission #2....Gramsy

Chris said...

The one day I happen to check the Scholl Spot and I get this news? Ashley claims "I seriously was going to call you today"... either bad timing on my part or she's a stinker!

How about Grannypants?

Drew Scholl said...

I say abuelita, or grammawamma

Lucy said...

I say Cookie

Anonymous said...

No, no, no. I've got it. It's perfect.....Her Majesty!

Anonymous said...

What great news! I will be a 'great grandma' at last!!! I speak from experience when I say the 1st grandchild will pick the name - as soon as he/she can speak. Terri named my Mom "Mimi" (Pappy chose his own name) and Jennifer named me 'Mamaw' because that's the way she interpreted whatever she heard from the 'coaches'!