Monday, May 4, 2009

A Celebration

My parents were married on the same day Drew and Rachel were. Only 50 years earlier. That's a pretty amazing accomplishment - especially knowing my Mom and Dad! Just kidding.... my parents are wonderful people and it's no shock at all that after 50 years of ups and downs, three kids (I still say I'm adopted), multiple moves, huge community and church responsibilities, illnesses and joy, they are still man and wife.


Being together for Drew and Rachel's wedding was a perfect opportunity to celebrate those 50 years. We had a wonderful party!

Here's the invitation

There were enough of us for two tables!

I had photos of Mom and Dad around the tables.

Dinner was from Maggiano's and was delicious. The best part was no one was stuck in the kitchen preparing food!

Drew and Rachel had one last hurrah at the kids table. Now they have to be grown ups.

Don't they look wonderful?

The Best Family

Mom and Dad with the grandchildren (all but three)!

And with their first Great-grandchild, Parker!

It's amazing what has come of the union of these two people!  We're so glad you found each other.  Thanks for being the wonderful parents you are and helping us become who we are.  I'm so proud to be your daughter.  I love you!

1 comment:

Grammy Cindy said...

What a cool time you must of had. By the way I think you look like your dad. You are on your way to 50 too. Thats way cool.