Sunday, March 2, 2008

If you want a museum.... go to the Met!

The other day I was chatting with a friend and she mentioned she had spent the night at a mutual friend's house and how it was a disaster (I'm not quoting her). I was truly surprised (and relieved) to hear that this woman could have a less than orderly home 24/7. Anyway, we talked for a bit about how neither one of us really care about the state of cleanliness or tidyness of our friend's homes. We just like being together and being "real'. I love being comfortable enough with someone to allow them to see me - and my house - in all states. (For instance, both Rhoberta and Sally saw me last week at my very worst during my kidney stone saga.) I appreciate my friends who know I'm far from perfect and want to be my friend anyway.  No judging allowed. It's pretty annoying to have someone (I'm sure we all know someone like this) walk into my house and begin looking around. They look up and down, side to side. What are they looking at??  My mess?  Go right ahead and look, though, my house is not a museum...

Well today, I was wandering aimlessly around blogblogland and I found this site where you can post photos of rooms in your house.  It's not one of those where you post your beautifully designed living room with expensive furniture and gorgeous artwork that you paid some guy way too much money to create, It's called Normal Room, and that's pretty much what's on there.  Normal Rooms.  Granted, you 'll probably find some rooms that are cool or beautiful, for the most part it's just ordinary people from around the world taking photos of their rooms as they look right now.  It's quite refreshing, sometimes humbling and yet fun to see how other people live!  Check it out!

No comments: